Clutch is a red and orange robot. He is not related to Tank Jr. Also he can bring up a shield.
Built initially as a mining robot, Clutch was altered into an organic killing machine after a network malfunction during a routine data transfer. Now its only mission is to destroy all signs of life within the Arenas.
It was just a mining automaton with limited AI and a force-shield to protect organics and drills. But it was the first to return from the cavern filled with floating ruins and strange markings.
Its custodians transferred the data it had gathered to their master neural network. But, after analysis, the network... malfunctioned? Suddenly, Clutch was returning to the cavern as the automata began killing organics. It killed them too, if they were in its path.
Once at the cavern, Clutch followed the network's instructions. A dark mass of writhing tendrils materialized. Clutch stepped into it.
Clutch can block incoming attacks with its Barrier active ability. Its large force-shield once was used to protect itself from organics and drills when mining, but in the Arena, it works as a solid defense against enemy Champions.
Clutch raises an impenetrable energy shield sphere over itself, reducing the damage of all incoming weapon fire. The shield remains active when Clutch fires a weapon. Activating the ability again will turn the shield into a potent mining laser which fires for 3 seconds.
- Damage Reduction: 50%
- Cooldown: 45 seconds
- Duration: 5 seconds
- Shield Deactivation Time: 1 second
- Mining Laser Damage: 10 damage
- Mining Laser Fire Rate: 125 ms
- Mining Laser Damage Per Second: 80 damage/second
- Mining Laser Range: 2000 ups
- Mining Laser Radius: 0.15
- Barrier Shield and Mining Drill Activation Delay: 0.25 seconds
- Weapon Disable Duration After Shield Ends: 0.5 seconds
- Despite what the ability description says, the Mining Laser actually shares a duration with the shield.
- i.e. Keeping the shield up for 4 seconds then pressing F again will only give 1 second of Mining Laser.
Gradually gain speed by running forward without changing direction.
Double tapping any direction while airborne allows Clutch to dash quickly in that direction.
A mining robot with simple AI, it drilled its way into a cavern of floating ruins and strange markings. When Clutch emerged, it began killing. Clutch's original designation was Autonomous Mining Unit C17-U (Technological). After its AI was altered by an ancient cosmic horror, he became ClU(Tch).
|This article is a stub. You can help Quake Champions Wiki by .|