Death Knight the Warrior Eternal is a undead humanoid medieval-era styled knight. He first appeared in the original Quake game as one of the enemies in the game.
When the blood rage abates, his desiccated mind asks again: Who were you? How many battles? When will it end?
The answers mattered once, before the blessing of the seethe-monks relieved him of mortality, long before the Trespasser debased his master and took her Dire Orb for himself.
The tungsten "heart" that pumps molten lead through his veins serves as a constant reminder of his plea to the Great Black Goat a dozen centuries ago-the only plea he has ever made: "Let me be forever at war."
Death Knight uses his unending rage to summon 3 deadly fireballs, which leave deadly fire in their wakes, and set enemies on fire. Activating the ability again before the fireballs impact will cause them to coalesce in a massive explosion.
- Cooldown: 45 seconds
- Fireball Direct Damage: 25 damage
- Fireball Minimum Splash Damage: 10 damage
- Fireball Maximum Splash Damage: 25 damage
- Splash Radius: 3 meters/120 units
- Burn Damage/Duration: 10/10 seconds
- Ground Fire Duration: 3 seconds
- Flame Strike and Converge Activation Delay: 0.125 seconds
- Fire DoT can be ended prematurely by picking up health bubbles, mega health, using Galena totems or Anarki's injection.
- Fireballs shoot out in a triangular formation with one fireball being launched straight ahead and the two others going off to the sides. Using the ability again will bring them together and cause an explosion and destroying all 3 fireballs.
- Fireballs can hit a target at any point in their flight.
- The ground fire appears behind the fireballs as they travel. Therefore, hitting an enemy with a fireball does not guarantee setting them on fire.
- Fire burn does not stack. Walking over fire resets the 10 second burn timer.
When Death Knight hits melee-he adds fire DOT to the enemy.
Burn Damage: 10 damage/second
Burn Duration: 10 seconds
- Adds a fire effect on the Gauntlet, though this change is entirely cosmetic.
Death Knight is immune to fire damage.
- Much like the Acid Fiend ability Sorlag has, this ability mostly immunizes Death Knight from his own special ability, as well as making him immune to the fire attacks of other Death Knight players. You also won't take afterburn damage from other Death Knights.
- It also allows you to ignore both the damage from Lava in maps that have it, such as Burial Chamber, and flame grates on Citadel. Take full advantage.